THE AMAZING RACE - Through Soweto
From R1200 per person
This tailor-made program is definitely a memorable one for all involved. A clue to the first destination in Soweto is revealed and then it’s go time! The teams are in charge of absolutely everything on their journey, including travelling and interaction with any people or challenges they may meet along the way. All stops at the correct via-point provide team collaboration, entertainment & another clue that eventually leads to the secret end destination in Soweto. The team with the most points gained from the various challenges along the way, wins! Rewards are fit for a king and the ultimate prize will be in not finishing first, but rather with the most points accumulated. We recommend sun block, sunnies, some comfy shoes and a drive for winning!
Duration: 5 - 6 Hours
- Transport throughout in 8 x Toyota Quantum taxis (the group will be divided into 2 colour coded teams) – pick up and drop off at your offices or your preferred venue. The vehicles are very comfortable, have safety belts on all seats and are fully insured to carry passengers. The drivers are qualified and experienced with the Amazing Race Format – however it is up to the teams participating to direct the drivers to the various destinations.
- A guide/referee to accompany each group on the day to ensure all clues are completed. The guide is also there to provide interesting commentary along the way
- Colour bandanas provided to the teams
- Firebean Facilitators on the ground at each venue (clues will lead the teams to +/- 12 venues of significance depicting Soweto's history as well as culture and way of life).
- Interactive entertainment by a gumboot dance and drum group at one of the destinations.
- A reward / activity / community donation at each destination.
- A Branded Calabash Trophy for the winning team!
- Buffet lunch at Masakeng Restaurant.
- 4 drinks vouchers per person (exchangeable for soft, beers and ciders at a local shebeen and at lunch and prize giving)
- Firebean Event management team on the ground with support vehicle ensuring all logistics runs smoothly
The actual race duration is usually about 3 to 4 hours and finishes off at Masakeng Restaurant where lunch will be served and where the prize giving will also take place. For the rest of the afternoon the group will be taken to a venue called The Rock, which is a pub with a facility on the roof with fantastic views of Soweto, they usually set up a bar with music so it is a great place to unwind and to finish off the day. Some groups have the prize giving here as well. Guests wanting to stay on at the Rock after 16h00 can do so, but will need to pay an extra R150.00 per vehicle remaining per hour.
* We usually don't provide full details of the day as we prefer to give our clients a surprise element. However, see below for some of the highlights that the clues lead the teams to:
- Treasure hunt at Bara taxi rank market
- A hostel crèche
- Orlando Towers Adventure Centre
- Hector Peterson Memorial
- Mandela House & Vilakazi Street
- A local shebeen (compulsory halfway stop)
- Regina Mundi Church
- Thokoza Park
- Freedom Square
- Kliptown Youth Project with Interactive gumboot dance activity.